Savings products investing deadlines

Hi,
A number of savings products have got deadlines to apply ending this or next week (some tomorrow) e.g. Aldermore's 4.50% 18 month. Is this because they're waiting on the the Chancellor's statement and, magic question, whether they would subsequently pull those offers in place of potentially worse rates as a result?
Thanks

Replies

• edited 15 November 2022 at 1:43PM
    eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    24.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 15 November 2022 at 1:43PM
    Most (all?) providers reserve the right to withdraw products from sale without notice at any time, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to scheduled deadlines, i.e. if you see a rate you like, grab it while you can.

Edit: just to emphasise the point, I went looking for an Aldermore 18-month fixed term account and there isn't one shown on their website, but it does include:
    We reserve the right to withdraw these products from sale at any time.
    https://www.aldermore.co.uk/personal/personal-savings-accounts/fixed-rate-accounts/
  • AlbermarleAlbermarle Forumite
    15.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
     Is this because they're waiting on the the Chancellor's statement 

It may be having some indirect effect, but more importantly over the last few weeks it has slowly become clearer that B of E rates will most likely not go as high as first thought. Same for various other forward rates in the financial markets.