BG, Account review and the Government payment

Options
brewerdave
brewerdave Posts: 8,522 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
BG have decided that my electric account is in review ,altho' not due to be completed until 8th December.
 Fine so far ,but the £66 was credited to my account on the 3rd November and is still there as a credit.
Last month, the £66 was credited and debited on the same day and appeared in my bank account about 5 days later. Seems possible that they are "keeping" the £66 pending the review being completed, so that I may not get the cash this month at all. Anyone else noticed this ??

Comments

• ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    last month the 1st was on a saturday so that might have meant the times are a bit different accounting wise to this month when the 1st was a tuesday. a few people (not just with BG) have said there dates have been differnt this month than last month so that's a guess. we need at least one more month for a pattern.

i dont know how you pay but if its by monthly dd (not on having a bill) then i dont think they can keep the money.  the goverment wanted it in people's banks so they can 'see' the cash from the goverment. 
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • Snwps
    Snwps Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just checked mine, the £66 Gov energy bill discount is showing on 05/11/22 but is yet to show as being refunded to my account. My account was reviewed early October and Im £391 in credit. It may just be a delay on BG side.

Also I noticed on both my gas & electricity accounts, they were flagged/marked as 'in review' 1 month from the review date (which matches your post) but it wasn't until the actual review date that I had my bill or my account/DD amount was updated. So don't expect them to review it before the 8th December, they just freeze the ability to change/amend your DD until the review is complete.
    Original Debt £37,493.25 @ 25/05/2019 - Now £0 @ 24/02/2023 - £37,493.25 - 100% paid
  • brewerdave
    Options
    As of this morning ,still no sign of my BG account being debited the £66 in preparation of payment to my bank account. Certainly looking like it's been caught in the account review process.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    So ,now 11 days after DD was credited and 8 days after the Govt. payment was shown on the account, no sign of the £66 being debited to pay into my bank account !!  Account is still "in review".
  • rothesy
    rothesy Posts: 70 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi. An account I look after was in review until 4 November., so about a month. The October £66 payment was not affected by the review. Credited to BG around early October but not sent to bank account until DD around 24th October.  When I got the BG statement, it showed the account as being £75ish in credit and they put payments up by £8 per month.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback