Universal Credit housing benefit - new tenancy - seeking advice


Appreciate advice around the following situation:

A single parent with schoolchildren, working but also on universal credit, including housing.
Has to seek a new place to rent privately, trying to navigate through the complexity.

If he finds an option to share a new place with another adult (a non partner who earns a very good salary) meaning a tenancy agreement with both their names on it - how will this reflect on his universal credit housing entitlement?

Thank you in advance.


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin and MSE campaign win

April's 20% energy price guarantee hike postponed

MSE News

Childcare budget boost

More support for children from nine months and those on Universal Credit

MSE News

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools