Chartersavingsbank

Is there any point in me keeping open my chartersavingsbank account as they seem to have moved their products to HL?

Replies

• DaliahDaliah Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Can you elaborate on this please?
  • KrakkkersKrakkkers Forumite
    489 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Pretty much all their products have been removed  from their own website, no fixed bonds, no easy access just an isa.
    Their products now are available on the HL platform.
    I have a charter account which now seems pointless.

• eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    24.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Krakkkers said:
    Pretty much all their products have been removed  from their own website, no fixed bonds, no easy access just an isa.
    What makes your existing account pointless?

If there are better rates elsewhere (and you're free to move) then move in the same way you normally would (and for the same reason), but if not then stick with them, or are you concerned about their solvency or something?
    489 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have an easy access account with charter and was going to move it to a fixed rate account when I was happy with the rates.
    It appears now that those accounts will not be available so I guess I will be moving my money.
  • DaliahDaliah Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Forumite
    Krakkkers said:

It's correct that all non-ISA Charter accounts are now only available vie HL, but only until next Thursday.

Why do you think your existing Charter account has been made pointless by this? You have FSCS protection, which seems to be all that matters. 
    489 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What's happening next thursday?
    The money was parked ready to transfer across to a fixed rate product, if one is not going to be available on charter then I will close the account and move elsewhere.

• metrobusmetrobus Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Krakkkers said:
    The money was parked ready to transfer across to a fixed rate product, if one is not going to be available on charter then I will close the account and move elsewhere.

I am in exactly the same posistion,
  • edited 28 October 2022 at 6:04AM
    DaliahDaliah Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 28 October 2022 at 6:04AM
    Next Thursday is the last day the accounts are available at HL, according to HL’s website.

Not sure what your issue is with depositing if your money is ready to deposit into an account you have chosen as the right one for you. Why not just deposit it?
  • Bigwheels1111Bigwheels1111 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Krakkkers said:

The next base rate rise will be announced.
    Thats the only thing I can think of.
    489 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The money was put in a Charter easy access account waiting for a Charter fix to appear, if one is not going to appear then i will move my money elsewhere.
    The easy access account was only ever a temporary thing.
    I have accounts with Atom and Shawbrook who do have fixed rate options but have put in as much as i want with them so now will have to look at another provider.