NOW LIVE: The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. The theme is ENERGY. Please post your questions on bills, switches, alternative fuels etc. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer as many as possible

I've an order pending with Made.com. i heard they may go bust.. what to do?

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Forumite Posts: 27,417
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    492800 said:
    ...I've asked for a refund...
    Sit tight do not cancel 👍
    Looks like that ship has already sailed!
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Forumite Posts: 6,207
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    eskbanker said:
    492800 said:
    because?

All the press was last updated yesterday saying they are on the brink... cannot see anything saying they've called in the administrators and would have expected their website to have been changed already if they had (just says not taking new orders as it has for the last few days)
  • eskbanker
    Forumite
    eskbanker said:
    492800 said:
    because?

All the press was last updated yesterday saying they are on the brink... cannot see anything saying they've called in the administrators and would have expected their website to have been changed already if they had (just says not taking new orders as it has for the last few days)
    My comment related solely to OP advising that they've asked for a refund, rather than being anything to do with the status of the company!
  • born_again
    born_again Forumite Posts: 11,698
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    eskbanker said:
    492800 said:
    Having read it again. I think you are right..😢

Never get why people do stuff like this. 

I just read on Trustpilot that they are refusing to issue refunds.

So I've asked for a refund.

Someone maybe joining a long line of creditors for a 1p in the £. 🤦‍♀️
    Life in the slow lane
  • eskbanker
    Forumite
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79588552/#Comment_79588552 quotes an email from made.com
    The temporary change in our circumstances means that we are not currently able to accept returns, offer refunds or cancel orders. We realise this is disappointing but we hope to provide greater clarity soon. Our customers are incredibly important to us, and we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused
    492800 Forumite Posts: 208
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite

I am sure you are aware that to start a chargeback on a company you have to show that you have endeavoured to contact the company to rectify the situation
    By being declined a personal refund I have now been able to open a case with Chase and now have more evidence to put forth my case.

Is it not better to be starting this process now, rather than when they have gone into administration when I will be in that long list of creditors.
    --- Hitting the thanks button as often as is needed ---
  • born_again
    born_again Forumite Posts: 11,698
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    492800 said:

I am sure you are aware that to start a chargeback on a company you have to show that you have endeavoured to contact the company to rectify the situation
    By being declined a personal refund I have now been able to open a case with Chase and now have more evidence to put forth my case.

Is it not better to be starting this process now, rather than when they have gone into administration when I will be in that long list of creditors.
    Yes. But when a company stops trading a copy of proof they are no longer trading covers that point. 

Aside from that a chargeback is seperate from being a creditor. Chargeback funds come from their merchant bank. So you get a full refund for the amount they charged you.

Your issue now is proving they are going to refund. Simply asking them to cancel does not cover this.  Non receipt of refund requires confirmation from retailer that they have refunded £££ on DD-MM-YY to card end 1234. Have you got that? Which they have 15 days to do.  You could try emailing & asking can they confirm that they have (giving these details) but odds of getting a reply?
    If you have not had confirmation of cancelation. Then sit tight. & pretend you never did. 👀 If there is no proof, then it never happened 😜

Sadly I have spoken to many people who have done exactly what you have & had to tell them that there is nothing we can do under card regulations. When a retailer goes under & there have been more than enough in the last few years.
    Far better to sit tight & see if they get bailed out & the goods arrive. If not then you start the chargeback process, when there is proof they have ceased trading 👍
    Life in the slow lane
  • eskbanker
    Forumite
    https://www.made.com/made-notice

Made Design Ltd has filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators.

The company is currently exploring all options including an accelerated sale of all of parts of the business or it will go into Administration.

At the moment, we are not taking new orders. We are able to deliver some outstanding orders and we will provide customers with information about their orders as quickly as possible.

We appreciate this has been frustrating for all our customers and we are truly, deeply sorry for this situation. We will do everything we can to achieve the best possible outcome for customers, suppliers and staff.

• greensalad
    greensalad Forumite Posts: 2,515
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm completely devastated. I paid a lot of money for a bed from them back in March which had a default and broke. I've been waiting patiently for a replacement and was told it would be here by Christmas. Now I'm saddled with a totally broken bed, borderline unusable (it's been getting worse and worse and we've been hanging on) and I'm down all that money with no replacement in sight.
  • Bvfbvf
    Bvfbvf Forumite Posts: 1
    First Post
    Hi, I have a similar issue and didn't want to start a new thread.

We ordered a £500+ sofa bed via credit card from Made.com back in August with a 12-13 week delivery lead time. This is still showing in my orders as estimated dispatch 24 November, however I assume nobody has updated order progress for a while. 

I don't want to contact my bank about a Section 75 claim straight away as I don't know if there is a possibility that the order may yet be fulfilled as the auditors go through things. Is it better to wait and see, or should I just contact the bank now?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback