Club Lloyds Monthly Saving - Closing and reopening to get new rate

Evening 

I "renewed" my new Club Lloyds Monthly Saver back in July at 1.5%......but seeing now the rate is 5.25%, thinking to stop and start again.......seems to make sense.....but just thought I'd sound out any thoughts before pressing the button...............

TIA.....
The Forum Member formally known as Pieman1972 (but failed to sort his account out!!)

Replies

• NewPiemanNewPieman Forumite
    11 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I think I may have answered my own question........open a new regular account elsewhere.......

• It's only available to Club Lloyds current account holders who have not already opened one of these accounts in the last 12 months.
    The Forum Member formally known as Pieman1972 (but failed to sort his account out!!)
  • edited 26 October 2022 at 10:59PM
    soulsaversoulsaver Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 26 October 2022 at 10:59PM
    Press the button.. you'll very likely be pleasantly surprised. And you've got nothing to lose with Easy Access accounts paying more than you're getting now...

And when that works, ask about the 4.5% monthly saver...
    And the Halifax & BoS 4.5%s, too :)

eta typo correction
  • NewPiemanNewPieman Forumite
    11 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I already have the YBS monthly - will have a look round....
  • Bridlington1Bridlington1 Forumite
    776 Posts
    500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Renew the Club Lloyds monthly saver account into an easy saver, then close it. You will then be able to open a new Club Lloyds monthly saver at 5.25%. I've done this 3 times this year and found it works very well.
  • Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Renew the Club Lloyds monthly saver account into an easy saver, then close it. You will then be able to open a new Club Lloyds monthly saver at 5.25%. I've done this 3 times this year and found it works very well.

But you can't put the accrued balance back in in one go...or can you? 🤔
    1984 is being moved to the non fiction section.
    776 Posts
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell said:

Whenever I've done it the interest is automatically applied when you convert it into a monthly saver. You can then transfer the final balance into a current account and then use it to fund the new regular saver.
  • Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell said:

Whenever I've done it the interest is automatically applied when you convert it into a monthly saver. You can then transfer the final balance into a current account and then use it to fund the new regular saver.

But you're still restricted to the maximum monthly deposit, so you can only drip feed, what could be a fairly large balance, back in.  Albeit at the new better rate.
    1984 is being moved to the non fiction section.
  • DaliahDaliah Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell said:
    Sea_Shell said:

But you're still restricted to the maximum monthly deposit, so you can only drip feed, what could be a fairly large balance, back in.  Albeit at the new better rate.
    Don’t do it then. It’s not compulsory.
    776 Posts
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell said:
    Sea_Shell said:

At the moment the top easy access account pays 2.81%. It is surely better that the OP shuts the regular saver, puts £400 in the new regular saver now and puts the rest at 2.81% than keeping the whole lot at 1.5%.
  • SensorySensory Forumite
    496 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell said:
    Sea_Shell said:

In the context of this thread, what reason would there be to keep a regular saver that only pays 1.5%, if you can close it, move the balance plus interest to a higher-rate easy-access account, then drip feed into the new 5.25% regular saver?