Part-time work & CTC/Carers Allowance

Apologies if this question has been asked before - just wanted advice before having to call the DWP  :#
I'm a single parent, and full time carer to my mum, have been out of employment for 13 yrs and currently claiming Child Tax Credits and Carers Allowance.

I've recently started working a 4 hrs a week cleaning job for a friend. I'll be earning approx £3.8k a year (so way under the tax/NI threshold etc).

Do I need to inform the relevant agencies for such a few hours a week and small income? To be honest i'm fearful of giving them any excuse to switch me onto UC...

Many thanks in advance.


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools