PHEV Charging Tarriffs....

Options
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a quote that includes off peak electric charging, unfortunately due to the price cap increase i'm struggling to be able to get any quotes at the minute - Octopus just keeps saying they will have new tariffs available within 10 days. I've spoken to my supplier E-on next and they don't currently offer any EV tariffs. Is there anyone else i can try who are currently offering EV tariffs or should i hang on untill things settle down?

Many Thanks

Matt Piper

Comments

• pochase
    pochase Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The only other supplier who might even accept you as a customer is EDF, and they have discontinued their EV tariffs for new customers.

So you are stuck with Octopus as a potential supplier who have an EV tariff and accept new customers.
  • piperm87
    piperm87 Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    pochase said:
    The only other supplier who might even accept you as a customer is EDF, and they have discontinued their EV tariffs for new customers.

So you are stuck with Octopus as a potential supplier who have an EV tariff and accept new customers.

Thanks, i'll have to wait for them. I decided to fix with Eon last Friday on their online v20. I will be paying more to begin with but should save next year but i have free cancellation should i decide to leave at any point which helps. I need to weigh up the costs between charging the car or just using it as a pure hybrid and spending more on petrol. I travel 70 - 80 mile per day with work so its a lose lose situation really
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    piperm87 said:
    I need to weigh up the costs between charging the car or just using it as a pure hybrid and spending more on petrol. I travel 70 - 80 mile per day with work so its a lose lose situation really
    How big is the battery in your car, and what range does it give you?

• piperm87
    piperm87 Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    MWT said:
    piperm87 said:
    I need to weigh up the costs between charging the car or just using it as a pure hybrid and spending more on petrol. I travel 70 - 80 mile per day with work so its a lose lose situation really
    How big is the battery in your car, and what range does it give you?

I've got a Ford Kuga, Its a 14.4KW battery but it usually takes 10-11KW per night to charge (according to the ford app). With the regeneration and me driving like the ultimate eco warrior i can usually get around 40 - 45 miles per charge.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback