IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS County Court Claim - Hearing Stage: I Won!!!

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,124
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Incidentally, though not supporting the scammers, the situation arose because someone had parked in the OP's space, which is the reason for having the PPCs in the first place.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    prowla said:
    Incidentally, though not supporting the scammers, the situation arose because someone had parked in the OP's space, which is the reason for having the PPCs in the first place.
    No doubt both motorists got a ticket. Double-whammy for VCS!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • "VCS got back to me and said they never received any cancellation request (although they have the my letter from the landowner in the SAR documents they keep on my record!!). The landowner have since re-sent the letter (via email) with me copied on so I also have a record of it sending from the landowner and received by VCS."

I think that someone must be binning all the correspondence that they receive at VCS and Excel. 

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Hi all,

I’ve been in contact with ELMA Legal - apparently they are legal reps for VCS - and sent them the cancellation request for the parking ticket.

Elms Legal got back to me and said there is no cancellation clause for the site so the parking ticket cannot be cancelled. Just wanted to check if this is even legally accurate or are they trying to bully me into paying?
    The arrangement we (as the residents) have with VCS for patrolling our parking space is that we pay them a minimal parking signage fee & whatever monies they get from the tickets would be their profits so I would think the landlord/residents supersede VCS here.

Many thanks for your help.
  • @Coupon-mad @Fruitcake @Le_Kirk @D_P_Dance would be grateful for your advice and help re above 😃 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just ignore the eejits until/unless you have a court claim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you @Coupon-mad :)

Also I’ve just got a quick question - for a Privacy Notice (no windscreen PCN) is there a timeframe that the PCN must be posted for it to be valid? The Newbies thread says if no windscreen PCN then the Postal PCN must be within 14 days but just wanted to check if it is applicable in this case? 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    koahanee said:
    Also I’ve just got a quick question - for a Privacy Notice (no windscreen PCN) is there a timeframe that the PCN must be posted for it to be valid? The Newbies thread says if no windscreen PCN then the Postal PCN must be within 14 days but just wanted to check if it is applicable in this case? 
    No, that isn't what the Newbies thread says.
    However, it may say that in order to hold a keeper liable for something the driver may have done, then there are tight time limits - like fourteen days.

A parking company has up to six months to ask the DVLA for a vehicle's keeper details.
    The parking company's trade association allow the parking company another month to get a Notice to Keeper to the keeper.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    But a 'privacy notice' has no meaning and is just a rogue operation to confuse people and extort money faster.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • koahanee
    koahanee Posts: 42
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 20 September 2022 at 9:49PM

@KeithP @Coupon-mad : thank you both for explaining this for me. Just wanted to clarify does it mean VCS would have 7 months in total from the date of the incident (6month for DVLA request  plus another month) for them to send the NtK and for it to be valid? Or is it just 1 month from whenever they request the keeper’s details from DVLA?

Also having requested the SAR from VCS - some details doesn’t seem to add up to me. In the
     SAR record, they confirmed that the IDR process was first started on 5/7/22 at £60 charge. The first letter I received by them was a Demand for Payment posted on 11/7/22 (this was neither a NtK nor a PCN) asking for £170 and gave me no opportunity to appeal (see photos). It seems to me VCS didn’t follow the correct process? And the steps that they missed was intended to forfeit my appeal right - which I am sure would be in breach of whichever code of practice/rules they are supposed to follow? 

Sorry about the many questions - I just wanted to make sure I collate everything and have my evidence and arguments lined up correctly for my defence (and possibly counterclaim their malpractice) should they take this to court. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback