Tax On a self employed job and a pt employed job

Hi i am currently a self employed mobile hairdresser but im thinking at taking a part time job aswell ..BOTH seperate salaries are below the income tax freshhold ..
self employed = 9 - 10k a yr ,  pt employed job = 11500k a yr , 
how do i pay tax/ni  on these jobs ..or dont i ..??!!


  • Dazed_and_C0nfusedDazed_and_C0nfused Forumite
    9.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Ultimately you pay on your combined taxable income.

    You can have your Personal Allowance allocated to the employment meaning no tax will be paid there during the year then you declare all your taxable income on your Self Assessment return and pay what's due via that.

    Or you could have a BR (basic rate) tax code at the employment and have a smaller bill on Self Assessment for even a small tax refund if your profits are in line with your expectations.

    It's what suits you best.  But not paying tax now on the employments means a bigger bill later on.  Suits some people but not everyone.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools