Mother's 20 year empty house has been getting a 2x standing charge due to 2 electricity meters

124»

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Slumbershade, I'm sorry that you've come on the correct part of the forum boards to "vent" and only had people attack you.
    "Praise, Vent & Warnings" is where people come to find others who sympathise with their reason for venting.

No one has attacked the OP, as noted above, he has been given correct advice. If people want a forum where they only get people that agree with them, rightly or wrongly, then there is mumsnet for that.
  • Slumbershade
    Slumbershade Posts: 695 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 4 July 2022 at 8:38PM
    So according to the ombudsman because they rewired both of the old elec meters into the new pre-payment one without any absence of service resulting in the house, (which isn't any more expensive than any of the regular meter's tariffs atm surprsingly) this is proof that one of the old meters wasn't connected to anything and I actually AM able to reclaim the 20 years of standing charges on that meter.

I don't really understand it, but that's straight from the ombudsman!
  • Result! Now what to spend the refund on? 
    "The problem with Internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    @Slumbershade thanks for the update.
    Good news for you and a good point raised.
    Useful to know how Ombudsman might deal in such similar situations.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • Slumbershade
    Slumbershade Posts: 695 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Thanks guys, I think I will spend the money on whatever horrible things the EICR report picks up at the victorian property that I doubt my mother has ever tested..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback