Slight Concern

in Debt-free wannabe
5 replies 691 views
FrankieOJFrankieOJ Forumite
2 Posts
First Post First Anniversary
Hello all thank god for a website like this.

So i have a CCJ against me since January, the court said i should pay £100 each month, i had problems for the first 3 months but this month i was only able to pay them £60, i contacted them before to explain via email, i said and the other £40 i would pay a week later, then from the 25th contiune with the £100. I was doing so well for once paying it, feels good that the money i owned was slowely going down, this is with Overdales, are they humane enough to let this one pass, the dept stand at 595 from over 900.. They will get the money no problem its just this once i could pay 60 as explained, thanks for listening, hope you can put my mind at ease. Sorry for the grammar and spelling mistake.

Replies

• FrankieOJFrankieOJ Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry, i meant "i have had NO problems for the first 3 months" sorry for that.
  • edited 2 May 2022 at 11:57AM
    sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 2 May 2022 at 11:57AM
    Actually you should thank Martin for this website.

Anyway, you have a judgement for £100 a month, which is unaffordable to you, correct ?

And you want to pay £60 instead, very easy to do, you could simply fill in court form N-245 (application to vary a judgement) send it to the court with the relevant fee (remission is available for low earners) and the court will change your payment amount.

Link`s here -

Form N245: Apply to suspend a warrant or vary payments made by a court order - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Form EX160: apply for help with court and tribunal fees - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • datlexdatlex Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Are you actually not paying the full £100 this month or just splitting the payment?  Is there anything in the ruling that says it has to be paid in one sum each month? FrankieOJ said:
    Hello all thank god for a website like this.

So i have a CCJ against me since January, the court said i should pay £100 each month, i had problems for the first 3 months but this month i was only able to pay them £60, i contacted them before to explain via email, i said and the other £40 i would pay a week later, then from the 25th contiune with the £100.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I don't think you'll have any problems with Overdales who are just part of Lowell's debt collection business.

If the N245 is going to cost you, I'd leave it for now and just pay what you can.

The N245 has two boxes to tick: vary the order (i.e. reduce the instalment you pay) and suspend the (bailiff) warrant.

My feeling is to save the form until you get a warrant to suspend, which in 9 out of ten cases won't happen anyway.
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    fatbelly said:
    I don't think you'll have any problems with Overdales who are just part of Lowell's debt collection business.

If the N245 is going to cost you, I'd leave it for now and just pay what you can.

The N245 has two boxes to tick: vary the order (i.e. reduce the instalment you pay) and suspend the (bailiff) warrant.

My feeling is to save the form until you get a warrant to suspend, which in 9 out of ten cases won't happen anyway.
    Yea, just realised they only have £300 left to pay, may as well just carry on as they have been doing.

I was thinking they still had a ways to go with this, but it seems that`s not the case.

Lowell`s are unlikely to do much about it as you say.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.