Employer wants to issue a P45 as part of payroll changes

Hi, I have today been notified of changes to my payroll. Instead of being processed by site A (where I am based) it will now be processed by site B (head office).  Site B will still be using the same outsourced payroll management company as site A. However, I have been told to do this, they will need to issue a P45.  The site A account will be closing.  This doesn't seem right to me and I am sure that every other company who changes their payroll can't be issuing P45s to everyone. I am concerned that they will later on enforce a new contract of employment, even though they have said terms and conditions stay the same and that my length of service will "continue as normal". I am concerned that this will affect any future credit applications too. 

Has any one else had experience of this or can offer any advice? There are approximately 50 of us in this position at the company.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,364
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    As I understand it, P45 is only issued when you leave the company.  I would have the same concern that they may be trying to say a new period of employment has started as a P45 has been issued.
  • pupplegum said:
    Hi, I have today been notified of changes to my payroll. Instead of being processed by site A (where I am based) it will now be processed by site B (head office).  Site B will still be using the same outsourced payroll management company as site A. However, I have been told to do this, they will need to issue a P45.  The site A account will be closing.  This doesn't seem right to me and I am sure that every other company who changes their payroll can't be issuing P45s to everyone. I am concerned that they will later on enforce a new contract of employment, even though they have said terms and conditions stay the same and that my length of service will "continue as normal". I am concerned that this will affect any future credit applications too. 

Has any one else had experience of this or can offer any advice? There are approximately 50 of us in this position at the company.

Thanks in advance.
    If they really wanted to they (the outsourced payroll management company) could produce a P45, not send you any of it but pass the data from one work station to another and set up as a new employee.

If they (the employer) has a business need for a new contract of employment, they could go ahead with that any way, terms can be changed without ending employment.  In fact every time you've had a payrise your terms of employment have changed.

However I would get from your employer written confirmation of your employment start date and that there is no break in continuity if they go ahead with this odd process.

Are any of the Site A people in a TU?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure