Book Notes Debt

Hey everyone, hope you have had a great start to the week and are staying positive.

I am reading a few books on Saving Money and Managing Debt there is alot of content to digest. I kindly wondered the best way to summarise notes from these books. I thought maybe reading a chapter, then going back and copying certain sentences that i could act on or are important. Can anyone please advise the best way they find to do this, as i would appreciate any help or input with this please?

Thank you for your kindness and any input you can give. All the very best and stay healthy.

Replies

• kimwpkimwp Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If I'm trying to take notes from a book, I'll write a summary as I go - so if there are several paragraphs explaining a point, I'll write down the point in my summary when the author seems to be changing to a different topic. It helps with how they've written the book of course! It's a good idea to structure your summary to line up with the book chapters and/or page numbers so if you want to revisit the detail, it's easier to find it. I personally think writing out the point that's being made in your own words is better than copying out a sentence as you will internalise more of the book when you process it more.

I'd separate out actions either in a different document, different column or different text that's easy to see or similar. You want to be able to collect them together to make your plan. Worth linking them to the summary or book so you can reference the logic behind it if you can't remember though.

Hope that helps.
    Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

For free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.