Dry Cleaner in Belfast

in N. Ireland
7 replies 989 views
belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
Forumite
Can anyone recommend a good dry cleaner in Belfast? Not necessarily the cheapest but the best. DH has already had a few things messed up by drycleaners (trousers with double creases, wrinkled jackets) and in one case a really good jacket was left all shiney. This was with reputable firms too. His extra good suit now needs cleaned and we can't think where to leave it. Anyone any ideas...

Replies

• RooBeeRooBee Forumite
    282 Posts
    Craftsman on Stranmillis Road
  • Jet on Shankill Road, they also do collection and delivery depending on your location
  • belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
    8K Posts
    Forumite
    Alas it was Craftsman who left the last jacket all shiney :(

Will check out jet tho, collection etc would be great!
  • bookloverbooklover Forumite
    889 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi Belfastgirl what about the one on the Ormaeu Road @ corner of Rushfield Ave or thereabouts . I thinks its called Speedy Cleaners. I've always found it fine.

Fiona
  • Resurrecting this post.
    I also need a really good dry cleaners ideally in Belfast for a dress that I want to wear to a wedding in a few weeks.

The dress has been worn once before (another wedding) and was very expensive (but it really is lovely). It is a satin type material but heavy IYKWIM

I have seen quality speedy cleaners on Queen street / Castle street have quite a few wedding dresses hanging in the window so I am taking this as a good sign but has anyone actually used them.
  • belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
    8K Posts
    Forumite
    Resurrecting this post.
    I also need a really good dry cleaners ideally in Belfast for a dress that I want to wear to a wedding in a few weeks.

The dress has been worn once before (another wedding) and was very expensive (but it really is lovely). It is a satin type material but heavy IYKWIM

I have seen quality speedy cleaners on Queen street / Castle street have quite a few wedding dresses hanging in the window so I am taking this as a good sign but has anyone actually used them.

I've just been recommended to use them too - a good friend of mine just got married in belfast but is living in France so I offered to get her dress cleaned and leave it back to her mum's house for her. And then realised I'd need to find a good cleaners for it :o according to some recent brides at work they've used that shop and they have done a good job :)
  • I would recommend Speedycleaners on the corner of Haypark Avenue on the Ormeau Road. I find them fantastic...they seem to take it as a personal insult if they can't get stains out! I once had an abscess and (sorry, this is yuck!) got blood and pus on an expensive silk dress. I was ready to bin it but thought I'd give them a chance...they got it out and the dress wasn't marked at all! Their shop isn't as upmarket as some but they honestly do a great job.
    "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals