letter about non payment for petrol

in Motoring
59 replies 4.6K views
12346»

Replies

  • Dr_CryptoDr_Crypto Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Never had to produce fuel receipts for mileage claims. What would they prove? 
  • user1977user1977 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Crypto said:
    Never had to produce fuel receipts for mileage claims. What would they prove? 
    That VAT was paid on the fuel - which the employer needs if they want to reclaim the VAT on the expenses.
  • ontheroad1970ontheroad1970 Forumite
    854 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    user1977 said:
    Dr_Crypto said:
    Never had to produce fuel receipts for mileage claims. What would they prove? 
    That VAT was paid on the fuel - which the employer needs if they want to reclaim the VAT on the expenses.
    They would only be able to reclaim VAT for the amount of VAT spent on the fuel.  They would be claiming back the expenses level not on VAT but against corporation tax liability.
  • Jenni_DJenni_D Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    user1977 said:
    Dr_Crypto said:
    Never had to produce fuel receipts for mileage claims. What would they prove? 
    That VAT was paid on the fuel - which the employer needs if they want to reclaim the VAT on the expenses.
    They would only be able to reclaim VAT for the amount of VAT spent on the fuel.  They would be claiming back the expenses level not on VAT but against corporation tax liability.
    Well for whatever reason they want them, my (corporate) employer also required VAT fuel receipts to accompany a business mileage expense claim. (This was before I had a fuel card - now I record business mileage and they charge me for private miles ... currently 8p or 9p per mile so I actually profit from it). :)
    Jenni x
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not at all sure that a letter to an MP is going to help in any shape or form.
    Strangely enough my dad got a parking fine, my brother who likes nothing better than writing to anyone and everyone when he feels hard done to wrote to the MP, who then wrote to the car park owners.  The fine was withdrawn.  
  • JILJIL Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    user1977 said:
    JIL said:

    Also write to your MP.
    Sheesh, no wonder MPs never get around to doing anything useful if they're having their time wasted sorting out mix-ups at petrol stations...
    The MP office managers being paid high wages will need something to do. 



  • ontheroad1970ontheroad1970 Forumite
    854 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    JIL said:
    user1977 said:
    JIL said:

    Also write to your MP.
    Sheesh, no wonder MPs never get around to doing anything useful if they're having their time wasted sorting out mix-ups at petrol stations...
    The MP office managers being paid high wages will need something to do. 



    Personally, I would rather my tax money didn't go on things that have nothing to do with the remit of an MP
  • Bigphil1474Bigphil1474 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I'd guess most MP's will do anything if they think it will win them a vote. 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest News and Guides