CCJ from the money shop

So I was told not to pay the outstanding balance as they owed me some money back then a CCJ appeared. I’ve had an email to say they’ve marked it as satisfied and I can get it removed if I contest it as they won’t challenge it. Is it the N244 I complete but that’s saying it costs £255. The court isn’t being very helpful and I can’t actually speak to anyone! How do I get this sorted?


  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    You will need what is termed a "set aside by consent".

    Once an agreement has been reached between the claimant and defendant, you will need a document known as a consent order. 

    This is a formal document setting out the agreed terms on which the dispute is being settled.

    Usually it states that:

    • the parties have reached an agreement
    • the judgment is to be set aside
    • the original claim is withdrawn

    The consent order is then sent to the court. If the judgment amount has been paid, the document will need to be seen by a judge. If not, it can be endorsed by one of the court administrative staff provided that both parties are legally represented.

    You can download a template letter from the web, but first, get some legal advice on the actual process, Legal Beagles is a good place to start.

    They can guide you through it.

    Ex MSE Board Guide.

    More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • edited 15 August 2021 at 10:22PM
    sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 15 August 2021 at 10:22PM
    If it's a CCJ from the Money Shop it'll be quite old since they stopped trading a while ago?
    It'll drop off your file after 6 years, so you might just be better to wait it out if it's not that far away.
  • minniemoney999minniemoney999 Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    It’s 2018 so still a few years yet. They have said I can contest it and it will be removed  but I don’t know how do to do that!
  • It’s 2018 so still a few years yet. They have said I can contest it and it will be removed  but I don’t know how do to do that!
    You fill in the form as you have already been told (per your original post) to get the CCJ set aside and pay for it if you can't get the set aside by consent
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools