Has anyone noticed post getting bad again?

soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
67.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭✭
I am starting to get a few 'where is my item' emails again , I suspect these may be localised issues due to staff shortages if they have been 'pinged' but it is a worrying trend as ebay allow INR cases to be open very quickly.

I've got two 2nd class items one at 7 days and one at 8 still showing as being in the system and I suspect cases will be opened for both tomorrow.

A few have just been impatient buyers, asking about their items within a day of me posting and having recently been buying loads of stuff from ebay I can sort of see why they are doing it. I bought a whole load of things last Friday , all to be posted 2nd class within 1 or 2 working days, half had arrived by Monday morning, more on Tuesday and I'm still waiting for three more items. They are not yet even late- but my brain is telling me they are as everyone else posted earlier than stated and put my expectation up as to speed of delivery. Obviously I have no plans to open an INR or even contact the sellers, but it is odd how our brains work .
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide

Replies

• MarkN88MarkN88 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed my orders I’ve placed with EBay are taking longer again. I’m NE England. 
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    82.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Has been a reduced delivery schedule since last year. Issues seem to crop up fairly frequently at the local distribution centre. By now you would have though that people would accept that delays will happen.  

It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking that for the last week or so things had improved.  Which makes me think it is local due to staff pinging problems.
  • mimi1234mimi1234 Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read on the BBC website a few days ago that loads of delivery folks are getting pinged so expect delays and such like.

Thankfully none of my items are selling so I'm not getting buyers messaging me regarding this.
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    31.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy and sell a lot of stuff but I've not had a problem.
    I posted something 2nd class small parcel on Monday lunchtime (from Midlands to South Coast) and it arrived today.