Best Joint Account for Bill Organisation?

Hi all,

My partner and I are buying a house and decided it will be best for us to have a joint bank account..

We are particularly interested in accounts such as Monzo and Starling (I think Natwest are starting similar?) that create 'pots' every month where your bills come out of so you know how much you have spent and how much you have left. 

Does anyone have any recommendations on joint accounts that enable this sort of organisation?

TIA

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You should never use any bank account for budgeting. Instead, you should use a proper personal finance manager, which could be anything from pen and paper to IT solutions such as MS Money, Emma, YNAB etc
  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,427
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

We are particularly interested in accounts such as Monzo and Starling (I think Natwest are starting similar?) that create 'pots' every month where your bills come out of so you know how much you have spent and how much you have left. 

That’s what all bank accounts do. Perhaps not the “pots” but the basic concept. 

I do get the benefit of having a
    dedicated “house” account - I’ve ran one for years. 

• Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 873
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm a big fan of Starling and their pots but when you say  "that create 'pots' every month where your bills come out of" I'm not sure what you mean.

The Starling pots are created by you and you call them what you like, then you add money to them when you want to. For instance I have one for each of my credit cards and when I spend something on the card I put some money in the pot ready for when I have to pay off the credit card. You could do the same thing for your shopping bill or your gas bill or whatever.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback