IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Eeek _ Euro Car Parks

Hello, 

I'm looking for some help and advice please as I believe I may have made a boo boo  :#
I have successfully contested a parkin charge notice previously using advice and the template letters from MSE so when I was issued with a PCN from Euro Car Parks, I took similar steps and wrote a Step 1 Letter to argue that the charge was disproportionate and not commercially justifiable. Namely that the £100 charge they were asking for far exceeds the cost to the landowner of the advertised charges.
I had paid for a ticket for 1 hour, the camera shows me arriving at 14:10 and leaving at 15:30. I purchased a ticket at 14:16 and it expired at 15:16. Whilst I didn't expressly admit to being the driver, there were uses of the pronoun I which may indicate that this  was implied. 
The was an admission of being at the vehicle at the expiry time but due to additional factors, ensure child safety and additional Covid cleaning rituals that this added to the car being delayed in actually leaving the car park. The car park was barely half full and therefore this overstay of 14 minutes did not impact on any loss of business or stop any arriving cars from parking. 

I have had now had the internal appeals procedure rejected and been issued with a POPLA code. This was sent by email and did not arrive directly into my inbox, it gives me 28 days from the date of the letter which was 20/05 so my deadline for POPLA appeal is now 17th June which gives me until this Thursday !!  :o

Any help on what I should do next would be greatly appreciated........

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,237
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 14 June 2021 at 9:38PM
    After that appeal your chances of winning at POPLA are pretty much zero.  MSE has ruined your chances of appeal because it sounds like you used the horrifically bad MSE article that has NO IDEA what to say to appeal a private parking charge. You can't argue that a parking charge is disproportionate or that there was no loss, that was kicked out six years ago in the Supreme court. 

MSE's article about parking charges is hopeless.  I so wish you'd come here and done it properly.

Read the NEWBIES thread and try PLAN A first.  I'm not saying what that us otherwise there's no point us having a NEWBIES thread!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oh "%$%£&*(!   :'( I so wish I had come here first too !!! 

Thanks for the reply @Coupon-mad I read the NEWBIES post which was lead me to thinking that there maybe an issue it was probably about 6/7 years ago when I successfully contested before using that template.GRRRR so angry with myself and with the cowboys overcharging. 

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,449
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have you complained to your MP?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,237
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ok so tell us when PLAN A works, instead.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you both - on it ! Drafting a letter to my MP and adopting plan A. 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,073
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Drafting a letter to my MP and adopting plan A. 
    @DisgruntledDora, what happened next? What did your MP say?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback