Cash ISA Transfer to S&S ISA

6022tivo
6022tivo Posts: 767
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
edited 28 May 2021 at 11:00PM in ISAs & tax-free savings
I have an 1.9% Santander ISA that is maturing this week. 
It moves to a open access 0.1% cash ISA.

Can I can transfer this to my Interactive Investor S&S Isa with no impact on this years allowance?
Can I withdraw some treat cash from it before I di the transfer? 
The value of the CASH ISA is higher than a annual allowance. 

Obviously I just don't withdraw it and add it to the II account. Is it a form from II to Santander to transfer it in full? 

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,855
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Yes, to enact the transfer without affecting annual contribution allowance, you need to invoke II's ISA transfer process and they'll take care of the liaison between themselves and Santander.

Nothing to stop you from making a withdrawal before transferring but perhaps rings alarm bells if you're needing to dip into this pot immediately before committing it to long-term investment, in that it's normally recommended to have adequate accessible cash reserves on deposit for emergencies, rainy days, etc....
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 21,105
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The value of the CASH ISA is higher than a annual allowance. 

This is not relevant . You can transfer however much you like as the annual allowance only applies to new contributions .

• Andy7856
    Andy7856 Posts: 245
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Absolutely!  It should take about 2 weeks to complete (based on my experience with an other BS).   When its moved across your ISA allowance for past years is shown in your II account.     You initiate it all via II.     You can then use the II free regular investment function to basically trade for free and move into your preferred funds. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback