Stamp Duty Extension Government Petition

etc28etc28 Forumite
8 Posts
Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Just saw and signed this government petition to make sure that the stamp duty holiday can be triggered for anyone who has already exchanged contracts instead at the point of completion.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/581308
Everyone should sign it to help those buyers stuck buying a house and who will miss out on the stamp duty holiday if they cant complete the sale in time

Replies

• amnblogamnblog Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The entire system is based on completion dates. Such a petition is a waste of time and energy.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • edited 28 May 2021 at 1:51PM
    ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    89.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 28 May 2021 at 1:51PM
    The holiday is creating untold pressure and a huge waste of peoples time. Someone will be complaining whenever it ends. With life returning to more normal levels there's no requirement for a further extension. 
  • MWTMWT Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The fact that it has already been extended was a bonus, to attempt to change the basis of the tax point is fundamentally flawed.

• Capri84Capri84 Forumite
    161 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This was to help the housing market out... but the market is overinflated now because of it. I’m a buyer, and the sooner it’s scrapped the better.