2»

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Robbie64 said:
    calcotti said:
    Try and chill out.  It isn't a problem - IMHO stop looking for problems that don't exist - life's too short hunni x
    It is a potential problem if OP doesn't pay the shortfall in the rent during the months in which it is needed.
     It can also be a potential problem if they do pay the shortfall and therefore have less money available to live on.
    Over 12 months the reduction in money available to live on would even itself out but if someone is on UC for a shorter period of time than a year the person may never have the advantage of getting to a month where the housing costs are paid in UC but no rent is due.

I don't understand this, sorry. Why would someone not pay the shortfall of rent and put them selves in further rent arrears? I've had some extremely difficult financial times in the past when my children were smaller but one thing i've always made sure, is my rent is fully paid on time.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Robbie64 said:
    calcotti said:
    Try and chill out.  It isn't a problem - IMHO stop looking for problems that don't exist - life's too short hunni x
    It is a potential problem if OP doesn't pay the shortfall in the rent during the months in which it is needed.
     It can also be a potential problem if they do pay the shortfall and therefore have less money available to live on.
    Over 12 months the reduction in money available to live on would even itself out but if someone is on UC for a shorter period of time than a year the person may never have the advantage of getting to a month where the housing costs are paid in UC but no rent is due.
    I agree with that but there's no way round it. The post I disagreed with was one suggesting the whole issue was not a problem and OP shouldn't worry about it - which could be read as implying they should just let the arrears build up.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,938
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ^
    If the landlord is a council or Housing Association they will be used to this problem as they will have many tenants in the same position. If this is the case I would suggest the OP speaks to his or her housing officer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback