Civil enforcement PCN - moved house missed PCN - LBC

13»

Replies

• RvvRvv Forumite
    17 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Abuse of process is not a phrase to throw about and doesn't really make sense.

'No legitimate interest' means something far more important in the context of private parking so you missed the most important phrase I gave you!

@Coupon-mad Understood - removed my last sentence and replaced it with your suggestion.

I have now filed (e-mail) the defence using the 2020 template. Will update the thread with next stages.

In the meantime I'm planning to continue my complain saga ;)

Thanks all for the help so far !
  • RvvRvv Forumite
    17 Posts
    Hello,

Updates

Defence was filed on 15-Jun and received a confirmation letter that my defence was received and passed on to the claimant. Letter mentioned 28 days for claimant to respond - Since I haven't heard anything after 28 days, not sure what happens to the PCN now.

My MP forwarded me an email reply from MHCL  - which is "until we implement what is detailed in https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2020-00193#/section and https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/parking-code-enforcement-framework please follow current guidance and code".  Planning to have a read this weekend !

The reply also mentions another consultation in May (May-2022 I assume because I received the reply dated this week).

Thanks
    Rvv

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there is a final Consultation this Summer coming up.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jenni_DJenni_D Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    What is the date of your letter? As a guideline I'd use that date + 2 days as when the C received your defence ... add 28 days to that and has that date passed?

The consultation was announced and expected to be in May, but is now to be in the summer - so we expect it to be next month. Check any of @Coupon-mad's recent posts as she has some standard info about this in many of them. :)
    Jenni x
  • edited 23 July at 2:14PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    26.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 July at 2:14PM
    Rvv said:
    Defence was filed on 15-Jun and received a confirmation letter that my defence was received and passed on to the claimant. Letter mentioned 28 days for claimant to respond - Since I haven't heard anything after 28 days, not sure what happens to the PCN now.
    The CCBC sent you a letter saying the Claimant had twenty eight days to consider your Defence.
    What you don't know is when the CCBC sent a copy of your Defence to the Claimant. 
    It follows from that that it is not known when the Claimant has to respond to the CCBC. 
    Further, we don't know what delays there are in the CCBC that means they don't send you a DQ as promptly as you might like.
    Can I suggest that you keep checking your MCOL Claim History and as soon as you see that the CCBC has sent a DQ to you, you are ready to download a DQ, complete it and fire it back to the CCBC, remembering to send a copy to the Claimant of course.
  • edited 23 July at 3:15PM
    RvvRvv Forumite
    17 Posts
    edited 23 July at 3:15PM
    Read the letter again - it says "copy of defence is being served" so I guess I will have to keep checking MCOL now and then.
    Btw the date on the letter is 15-Jun

Thanks
    Rvv