Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Default removed but mortgage lender's report still hasn't updated even though ours has!

in Credit File & Ratings
13 replies 524 views
2»

Replies

• nicolejrylenicolejryle Forumite
    20 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    2021BJ said:
    Thanks - if anyone has any other advice or thoughts it would be much appreciated. For context, even though it the default was removed, it was a £15 Vodafone bill. Crazy that £15 is halting us being able to get a mortgage until their report updates too :(
    Other than going with another lender probably the only thing you can do is get Accord to do a hard search and I suspect the only way to do that is going to be by submitting a full appplicaiton.
    Understood and I'm guessing it won't be possible for us to submit a full application and have a hard search completed without the DIP first... As without the DIP we can't really put an offer on a house. Our only other option is to wait I guess.... 
  • Kirs_tenKirs_ten Forumite
    1 Post
    Photogenic First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi there, I could have written this post myself, same thing happened to my partner with Vodafone for £16. We have been told twice the default has been removed and lenders will see this in 2 days and us 30 days. Can I asked if your situation was resolved? We are trying to get a mortgage but because of Vodafone they have made this very difficult for something that was not our fault. Kind Regards. 
  • nicolejrylenicolejryle Forumite
    20 Posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Kirs_ten said:
    Hi there, I could have written this post myself, same thing happened to my partner with Vodafone for £16. We have been told twice the default has been removed and lenders will see this in 2 days and us 30 days. Can I asked if your situation was resolved? We are trying to get a mortgage but because of Vodafone they have made this very difficult for something that was not our fault. Kind Regards. 
    Hiya, so Vodafone did remove the default and we used the paid for subscriptions to credit reports - TransUnion, Equifax, Experian, so we could see it had definitely been removed. As Accord had run a DIP and it was declined due to the credit issue, they weren't able to rerun and use updated reports for 30 days. In the end we didn't go with Accord and have applied for a mortgage with Barclays after they approved our DIP. Gone through all checks, surveys etc, now so hopefully should have our mortgage offer tomorrow. It may be a case of waiting it out but do make sure Vodafone have definitely removed the default not just satisfied it. Also, some mortgage lenders will take into consideration the no. of or amount of the default. Hope you get it sorted!