Deposit for holiday not repaid (didn't pay a deposit)

2»

Replies

• sherambersheramber Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been better to wait until the May holiday was cancelled, as it probably will.
  • FaceHeadFaceHead Forumite
    401 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    sheramber said:
    It would have been better to wait until the May holiday was cancelled, as it probably will.
    This. 

It sounds like the OP has jumped the gun a cancelled and it'll cost them £199. 

As for the OPs OH as they are on the different T's and C's it'll cost them £49, which might be recoverable from the travel insurer if it has the common cover for military or emergency services worker who has their approved leave cancelled, and that this is even the case. It would be considerable agro to compile the paperwork necessary for that insurance claim for £49, so they might just accept that loss. 
  • Spot on @FaceHead. The poster has indeed “jumped the gun”. By cancelling now instead of waiting to see how things unfold she is bound by the t’s and c’s she agreed to.  

I doubt her partner has claimed on his insurance- yet!  If he had waited and put in an insurance claim for being called for military duty he would have been covered for the lot am sure. Same wouldn’t apply to OP so they have, in effect, just cancelled a holiday due in 3 months time and as was pointed out in first response, conditions were in the t’s and c’s   No comeback that I can see.