recommended credit card?

in Credit Cards
15 replies 351 views
olb1olb1 Forumite
302 Posts
100 Posts First Anniversary
✭✭
i am looking for a credit card for contactless payments to buy coffees fuel and groceries. ill spend about 500 a month and pay it in full. any recomendations? i currently bank with nationwide and have a virgin mortgage. many thanks 

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably struggle to find a card without contactless.
  • edited 25 February at 12:45PM
    cymruchriscymruchris Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 February at 12:45PM
     zx81 said:
    They don't not want contactless. :smile:

As you bank with Nationwide- they could be a good option - but any card where the provider offers an eligibility checker on their own website is worth a look. Something with a bit of cashback or points might be useful if you qualify for one - something like Barclaycard rewards, Amazon platinum, Amex platinum cashback (although not all small cafes and restaurants take amex). As long as you pay your bill in full each month (preferably by direct debit) you'll not have any interest to pay (as long as you dont use it for withdrawing cash).
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
     zx81 said:

I know. That's why I suggested it would be difficult to choose one which doesn't offer the contactless they want.
  • Cisco001Cisco001 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amex Platinum cashback card if you spend over £3000 a year

barclays rewards if you spend less.
  • pbartlettpbartlett Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    As it happens, Nationwide do offer a non-contactless card!! :)
  • cymruchriscymruchris Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    pbartlett said:
    As it happens, Nationwide do offer a non-contactless card!! :)
    They don't want a non-contactless card.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    zx81 said:
     zx81 said:

I know. That's why I suggested it would be difficult to choose one which doesn't offer the contactless they want.
    A bit confusing then - as others are also now trying to offer non-contactless cards :) 
  • olb1olb1 Forumite
    302 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I used a nationwide credit card a few years ago and found it frustrating as transactions wouldnt appear online for 2/3 days. I'd like to see pending transactions immediately. barclaycard could be good as ive used them before. 
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    olb1 said:
    I used a nationwide credit card a few years ago and found it frustrating as transactions wouldnt appear online for 2/3 days. I'd like to see pending transactions immediately. barclaycard could be good as ive used them before. 
    Find the bc cashback rewards card eligibility checker - and pop your details in - they'll give you a strong indication of whether or not you'll be accepted before you apply. 
  • dave1345dave1345 Forumite
    33 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    olb1 said:
    Pending transactions now appear in the Nationwide mobile app, but not the online banking.