Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Oven & Display Not Working - Hob and Grill Fine

FusunFusun Forumite
1 Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi all,
Can anyone advice me of what might be the problem on my cooker please? It's a free standing Beko BDVC664S, the oven has stopped working, has no power at all, nor is there any power to the cooker lights that usually display the time. The hob and grill are still working though. I have replaced the element in the oven but had no luck.
Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Many thanks.

Replies

• Jeepers_CreepersJeepers_Creepers Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there are any internal fuses, so it'll likely be case of either a faulty oven control (tho' I don't know why this would also affect the display) or else a poor connection inside - possibly as simple as a spade connector gone 'high resistance'. Quite possibly the display takes its power from a secondary 'spade' on the main control.

You'll only be able to trace/diagnose this if you are up to taking the back and/or front off and inspecting all the terminals. A mains tester on 'continuity' should help (or on 'live' if you are wearing rubber gloves and know what you are doing...)

Not a job for anyone with less than total competence.