Gertting a "Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19" in the UK

Whats the current sutuation regarding getting a valid  "Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19" in the UK.

Comments

• 196055 said:
    Whats the current sutuation regarding getting a valid  "Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19" in the UK.

You don't get one
    196055 Posts: 15
    First Post
    Forumite
    So its a case of doing an FOI on your vaccination records held by the NHS.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Wouldn't get accepted by anybody as could be forged.

It needs to be secure , government backed , internationally agreed if to be accepted anywhere. Unique secure vcode and photo for identity , possibly with passport number as well . Unlike qcodes vcodes cannot be cloned as unique

I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,275
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Are you thinking of booking a Saga cruise?   

They're saying you need "proof", but then they don't clarify what that "proof" needs to be!!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    EU has only just started talks about certificates
    https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/20/european-leaders-to-discuss-vaccination-speed-and-immunity-passports

he UK have had informal talks with a Manchester company with a unique secure product.

Spain unofficially is looking at an April date for holiday destinations reopening.

It's very early days
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    First Post
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell said:
    No, I'm booked to go to Iceland, and as I've got an Irish passport I'm not inellgible (UK passport holders mostly are). At the moment if I have a "Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19" I avoid quarantine.

• 196055 said:
    Sea_Shell said:
    No, I'm booked to go to Iceland, and as I've got an Irish passport I'm not inellgible (UK passport holders mostly are). At the moment if I have a "Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19" I avoid quarantine.

If it's not relevant to uk passport holders there would appear to be limited demand. 
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,374
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Even if these are introduced I wouldn't expect any to be given until after the 2nd injection.  There is certainly nothing that I am aware of at present.  It would make sense to give some form of documentation when the first dose is administered, particularly for older patients who might forget when they received it. 
    First Post
    Forumite
    All the vaccine info is held on the Patients Vaccine Record, including the type given and the batch number.
  • Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 January 2021 at 12:00PM
    I as given a record card showing date and batch number of vaccine. It could also have shown my name but that was not filled in.
    I am not a cat (But my friend is)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure