Things not to do in new Lockdown

I've made a decision for non-action during this new Lockdown - and it is - I'm not going to shower every day!    Well, especially whilst its cold and wet and I can't even work in the garden - can only go out for my daily exercise when I will be well wrapped up.    I shall of course, being doing the strip down wash that we used to have daily when we were children (face, hands, neck, knees & naughty bits as we used to call it) - but as I live on my own, there's no-one else to impress/smell good for - only me.   And now that my hair is long, rather than short and requiring a daily shampoo, I intend to shower every 3-4 days!   This way, I'm also saving water - and thereby the planet :-D     Anybody else feel like joining me?    We could call ourselves The Great Unshowered!

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    12.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still struggling with the concept of being able to have a shower (bath or shower before I got my property) every day even though I left the family home 28 years ago, feels alien to have that opportunity more than once a week on a Sunday, with strip washes every day.

By default I'm joining you.
  • TokmonTokmon Forumite
    596 Posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I've never washed everyday because it just seems excessive to me and i don't really see the need unless you engage in sweaty exercise each day. 
  • ripplyukripplyuk Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only wash my hair every 4 or 5 days. Does that count? I do like to have a bath each day but I’ve actually experimented with this and I found that bathing twice a week was just as good as daily. I didn’t notice any difference in smell and nor did anyone else. My skin was less dry too. In fact, with clean clothes every day, you could even stretch it to once a week. 
  • TokmonTokmon Forumite
    596 Posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    thorsoak said:
    I've made a decision for non-action during this new Lockdown - and it is - I'm not going to shower every day!    Well, especially whilst its cold and wet and I can't even work in the garden - can only go out for my daily exercise when I will be well wrapped up.    I shall of course, being doing the strip down wash that we used to have daily when we were children (face, hands, neck, knees & naughty bits as we used to call it) - but as I live on my own, there's no-one else to impress/smell good for - only me.   And now that my hair is long, rather than short and requiring a daily shampoo, I intend to shower every 3-4 days!   This way, I'm also saving water - and thereby the planet :-D     Anybody else feel like joining me?    We could call ourselves The Great Unshowered!

That's a good point that ripplyuk has mentioned. It's not good at all to shampoo your hair daily and is quite damaging. Overwashing your body and hair certainly isn't good for you.
  • AskAskAskAsk Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to try to stay positive and not get too depressed about the loss of freedom.
  • 74jax74jax Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only wash my hair maybe once a fortnight.... if that......... ha ha ha, if i wash it every day it gets so greasy.  

Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • edited 5 January at 6:00PM
    SlinkySlinky Forumite
    7.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 January at 6:00PM
    I've taken to turning the shower off whilst applying shower gel with a wash scrub. Uses much less shower gel and saves water.
    I'd love to have a bath but we don't have one in our house. Waiting to reinstall one at some point.

I've stopped wearing a bra since going back into lockdown.
  • Morrigan_2020Morrigan_2020 Forumite
    326 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I didn't shower everyday pre-lockdown, not good for your hair or skin.
    Don't feel obliged to have that 'strip wash' either, not necessary, just make sure you brush and floss your teeth!
  • SnugglesSnuggles Forumite
    965 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it quicker just to jump in the shower than have a 'strip wash'? How does that work anyway? I can't imagine being able to stand at the sink and wash all the necessaries without getting water all over the floor!