Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Invoice arrived for not claiming free parking!

An invoice arrived from Bank Parking claiming that the keeper was liable for a charge of £100 (reduced to £60 if paid sooner) as they had failed to claim the free parking session that would have covered the time the car was in the car park (and some). 
As much as I read I seem to get more confused - appeal, ignore, pay etc. 
I cant see how they could recover a loss from the keeper, as by using their own photographic "evidence" as poor as it may be, the "invoice/demand" clearly states that the free parking session implies they have not incurred any financial loss. 
I would appreciate a nudge in the right direction though. 
Thank you . 

Replies

• edited 31 December 2020 at 11:17AM
    beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 December 2020 at 11:17AM
    How would you claim free parking ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • edited 31 December 2020 at 11:24AM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 December 2020 at 11:24AM
    I cant see how they could recover a loss from the keeper, as by using their own photographic "evidence" as poor as it may be, the "invoice/demand" clearly states that the free parking session implies they have not incurred any financial loss. 
    The Supreme Court in the ParkingEye v Beavis case ruled against that logic over 5 years ago, don't go there. 
    I would appreciate a nudge in the right direction though. 
    Thank you . 
    Here you go .... read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, first post, send the blue text initial appeal - no additions or edits, await your inevitable rejection, then ignore anything afterwards apart from a Letter of Claim from Bank or their solicitors and/or a real court claim from the Northampton CCBC. Don't ignore either of them, simply then read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, second post, and come back on this thread for further advice. 

You will notice in the first post of the sticky that you should put Plan A (landowner complaint) into effect immediately. If you haven't already done so, get on with that now. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beamerguy said:
    How would you claim free parking ?
    Presumably there was some form of keypad (mysteriously hidden from view) into which you put your VRM or there is a ticket dispenser for a free session after you have input your VRM or you go into a pub/restaurant/shop and get added to the white list.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't even a company called Bank Parking.  It's Bank Park.

You sound as though you haven't read the NEWBIES thread at the top of this forum (see my signature, you are 2 clicks away, on any page).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • enforcer1064enforcer1064 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    As much as I read I seem to get more confused - appeal, ignore, pay etc. 
    Yes you are correct - it its Bank Park. 
    Their own website doesnt list this location as one of thier car parks though.
    Its attached to multiple businesses - so who would I direct a Landowner Complaint to?
    yes its one of those places where you apparently have to put your details in to get a free parking session. Simply putting it in would have avoided this - but the machine wasnt spotted.

I will go back over the thread.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The very fact you talk about 'no loss' shows you must read more.  That's the one single thing NOT to say, after the Beavis case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 31 December 2020 at 12:37PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 December 2020 at 12:37PM
    There is a hidden keypad defence in the newbies FAQ sticky thread near the top of the forum , clearly you have not read it

Beavis killed off your no loss argument 5 years ago , clearly you haven't researched that topic

Reading and research plus using correct company names will assist you , it's Bank Park
    If they had used the wrong name for you , you would be trying to wriggle out of it

There is always a landowner , listed at the land registry , that is one option , for a small fee

Alternatively ask the businesses who they pay rent to , to find out the managing agent and complain to them , plus to the landowner as well , known as plan A , plan B is the appeal to Bank Park , plan C is the Popla appeal for any BPA AOS member , plan D is court, the only ignore option is debt collector letters

The local council should be able to tell you who pays the non domestic business rates , complain to those people , usually the managing agent

You need to be like a Poirot on the case , not a Clouseau !!

Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're reading the newbie thread then where does it say to pay? Where does it say to ignore?