carers allowance claim

i’m sister has claimed carers for me from the 15th dec 2020 she got a letter from child maintenance (her partner child) saying that they are now claiming state benefits so they can pay more each week dose this mean they got the carers? because that was within 10days as it says up to 6weeks... she did put the date from i first claimed pip... only just won tribunal can anyone help me to let me know if she has got it 
many thanks 

Replies

• edited 28 December 2020 at 2:31PM
    poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 December 2020 at 2:31PM
    lisha1990 said:
    i’m sister has claimed carers for me from the 15th dec 2020 she got a letter from child maintenance (her partner child) saying that they are now claiming state benefits so they can pay more each week dose this mean they got the carers? because that was within 10days as it says up to 6weeks... she did put the date from i first claimed pip... only just won tribunal can anyone help me to let me know if she has got it 
    many thanks 

Based on almost no information here no one can tell you this. If your sister cares for you for at least 35 hours per week and earns no more than £128 per week after deductions then there's no reason why she can't claim carers allowance for looking after you, providing she doesn't claim it for looking after someone else.
    It can take between 8-12 weeks for a decision.
    Although if the PIP award isn't yet in payment then she will be refused.
  • lisha1990lisha1990 Forumite
    8 Posts
    First Post
    lisha1990 said:
    many thanks 

Based on almost no information here no one can tell you this. If your sister cares for you for at least 35 hours per week and earns no more than £128 per week after deductions then there's no reason why she can't claim carers allowance for looking after you, providing she doesn't claim it for looking after someone else.
    It can take between 8-12 weeks for a decision.
    Although if the PIP award isn't yet in payment then she will be refused.
    thank you it’s been sorted payment this week... i thought it was lil soon but cause they contact child maintenance... why i’m asking it cause they used a different address from child maintenance as they just moved that day hasn’t give child maintenance new address yet but they sent a letter to new address so was thinking it was sorted and the letter said been in receipt of state benefit from the day she applied for carers... but she not working no more lost job since covid 
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If she was working and earning more than £128 per week when you first claimed PIP then she won't be entitled to Carers allowance at that time.
  • lisha1990lisha1990 Forumite
    8 Posts
    First Post
    If she was working and earning more than £128 per week when you first claimed PIP then she won't be entitled to Carers allowance at that time.
    ok thanks you