IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP - Paybyphone miscommunication

Afternoon all,
Apologies if this exact matter has already been addressed, I had a look but struggled to find anything on it (probably because it was me being dumb)
On a recent trip to London, we decided to park up around Wembley and get the tube into Central London to avoid paying the congestion charge and well, driving round in Central London. I chose an NCP carpark with overnight stays available, the only option was to pay via the app 'Paybyphone'. We arrived around 7pm planned on leaving early afternoon the following day. Upon selecting '1 Day' in the parking, the app let me know that "It would expire tomorrow at 4:30 - Parking for 1 day" (see image below)

Now upon booking this, I presumed that this was 4:30pm but this was not true, it was 4:30am. There was no mention of using a 24-hr clock anywhere else on the app and usually when I see this time on a 24-hr clock, it's referred to as 04:30 so again, I thought nothing of it. The next day around 11am, I discovered I may be late to get the car at 4:30pm so booked another day on the app, but obviously when getting to my car I discovered the ticket. 
I genuinely believe the time is stated that way to trick customers as it did with me. Before I pay this ticket, is it worth either complaining about the app being deliberately vague and confusing or appealing the ticket with the above? 
Or is it genuinely just me being stupid and I have no chance?
Thanks in advance all.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,577
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 25 November 2020 at 2:07PM
    Before I pay this ticket, 
    Do what?  No-one PAYS!

But nor do you appeal blabbing about who was driving.  Use the NEWBIES thread template appeal. Go read that sticky thread.  There is a tactic for windscreen PCNs to appeal as registered keeper on day 25 (and the thread explains why).  This is not about the story of what happened.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback