IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Parking Eye and letter from DCBL

2»

Replies

• beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desperate Parking Eye hoping that DCBL will collect.
    Will PE allow the DCBL boys to take you to court when their Beavis case said the charge includes the operation of the charge ......   MAKES DCBL LOOK STUPID ........ DID I say stupid ..... yes I did
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their signs are not fit for purpose imo, read this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5972164/parking-eye-signs-oxford-road-reading

Why not write to PE asking them why their poodle is adding an unlawful £40.  Hve you complained to your MP< it could well lead to a cancellation.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • edited 1 November 2020 at 10:56AM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    37.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 November 2020 at 10:56AM
    Redx said:
    Redx said:
    Ignore the debt collectors

Follow plan A , asap , keep on at them , the cause was a breakdown on site , car troubles
    Plan A?
    In your opening post you clearly stated you had read the newbies thread
    I said I had read a lot on the Newbies thread, clearly I missed the most important bit!  Apologies to all those offended 
    Plan A is the most important point in that thread !! Even if it's the only part someone reads !

There is no better option than plan A , period , ever

If somebody tells us they have read something , we aren't going to call them a liar !!
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Bit of an update.  I contacted the store manager ASDA, explained the reason I had overstayed and told him I had subsequently received a PCN and asked if he would be able to get this cancelled for me.  He said it he would do what he could and a couple of weeks later I got a letter from ASDA confirming the PCN had been cancelled.  I have today received a letter from a company called Trace Debt Recovery saying they are "assessing cases on their merits for enforcement through the County Court".  Should I contact them to say the PCN has been cancelled or just ignore this letter? 
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see benefits in both options, it depends on whether you want a quiet life or not.  gfe .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • edited 19 December 2020 at 6:51PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    37.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 December 2020 at 6:51PM
    I would email enforcement at Parking Eye with a copy of the letter attached , telling them to call off their dogs and cancel the PCN plus erase your data from their records and to give you written confirmation

Providing this trace letter is about the same PCN !!

Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd ignore them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Log into the PE website and check the current status of your PCN. If it shows cancelled, or similar, take a screenshot and retain for posterity. Let Trace DR go f* themselves!  Ignore them and their silly mind-games. It is only PE who can instigate court proceedings. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
     I have today received a letter from a company called Trace Debt Recovery saying they are "assessing cases on their merits for enforcement through the County Court".

All you can do with Trace is to treat them as the idiots they are ?

It's no difference to a road sweeper assessing Covid cases. They dream the impossible dream .... SAD

Asda cancelled, so now let these cowboys just play with themselves as they always do

• Umkomaas said:
    Log into the PE website and check the current status of your PCN. If it shows cancelled, or similar, take a screenshot and retain for posterity. Let Trace DR go f* themselves!  Ignore them and their silly mind-games. It is only PE who can instigate court proceedings. 
    I did as you advised, entered the reference number and it said "No Balance can be found for the reference entered"    :)