Ebay..is there a way to 'sort' items by seller feedback?

I'm wanting to buy a Kimono for a birthday present from Ebay. Ive narrowed it down in the search area for UK only, and sorted lowest price + P&P first, but there are still 1000's of listings to sort through. Many use the same photos and description, and have fairly poor feedback. I'd like to be able to sort the listings to find the sellers with the best feedback first, then scroll down to a suitable item and price. Is this possible? I've googled and can only come up with discussions from a few years ago saying it isn't possible, just wondered if it has become possible i the last year or so?

Replies

• Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    lindos90 said:
    I'm wanting to buy a Kimono for a birthday present from Ebay. Ive narrowed it down in the search area for UK only, and sorted lowest price + P&P first, but there are still 1000's of listings to sort through. Many use the same photos and description, and have fairly poor feedback. I'd like to be able to sort the listings to find the sellers with the best feedback first, then scroll down to a suitable item and price. Is this possible? I've googled and can only come up with discussions from a few years ago saying it isn't possible, just wondered if it has become possible i the last year or so?
    Honestly, I just open all the listings that look suitable in new tabs, then rule out ones with poor feedback (or long postage times, indicating that the item is not in fact in the UK).
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sort by price, sometimes stick a lowest limit to remove all those sellers who offer something stupidly cheap in the
    same listing to get high up the list.

Once the list contains mostly my item I scroll down and choose the 100% or 99.8%+  

Sometimes all the sellers are lower so I choose one in the 94%+  Usually these are from China and people moan
    because it takes a few weeks.  If its starting to get below 90% I tend to try elsewhere or another product.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• lindos90lindos90 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just sort by price, sometimes stick a lowest limit to remove all those sellers who offer something stupidly cheap in the
    same listing to get high up the list.

Once the list contains mostly my item I scroll down and choose the 100% or 99.8%+  

Sometimes all the sellers are lower so I choose one in the 94%+  Usually these are from China and people moan
    because it takes a few weeks.  If its starting to get below 90% I tend to try elsewhere or another product.

Agh yes, it's so annoying when sellers add a 'sample' or additional item on a listing for the 'from' price to raise them in the search lisings! 
    Lots of the sellers seem to have 95%-97% for the irem I'm looking for. TBH many of them have the same photos and description, sometimes similar account name, and lots in Manchester or London. I suspect some are the same people, or work for the same company and then abandon an account when the feedback drops below a certain level!
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_headthe_lunatic_is_in_my_head Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a lot of them are sellers in China with UK stock so lowest price probably isn't helping. 

If you use list view on a desktop and look for the Premium Service badge in the results those sellers will like have decent feedback.

It's a shame eBay won't let you filter by Fast and Free as it's a requirement for Premium Service and again likely to be better performing sellers.