New Post Advanced Search

Reason for Appeal

35 replies 324 views
First off I would like to thank the people involved in drawing up the massive resource on the NEWBIE page. After following the advice with a ticket for overstaying by 10 minutes, I have had to go straight to appeal after discovering the landowner doesn't give a hoot.  The company is VCS and the appeals process is a website www.myparkingcharge.co.uk.
 I was about to copy and paste the first appeal template but it won't let me submit without a valid reason. Does it matter which reason I choose, (I was going to state I was attending to my child). I was a little worried stating a reason would incriminate me further.
Thanks in advance!
David.

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    94.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth would you tell them who was driving?  No! 

You just choose 'other' and you KNOW it will be rejected, then wait for a court claim. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you read the newbies?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • DavidQuadDavidQuad Forumite
    14 posts
    10 Posts
    Hi I have read the newbie thread, and was going to cut and and paste the standard appeal text. in response to Coupon-mad there is no "other" on the drop down list as reason for appealing. So I really don't know how to proceed as by choosing a reason am I incriminating myself as driver? 
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    25.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you may well be 'incriminating yourself' by giving away the driver's identity. Didn't you read that in the NEWBIES thread?

Choose an option that doesn't tell them who was driving.

If you can't work that out, then show us all the options.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    94.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    DavidQuad said:
    Hi I have read the newbie thread, and was going to cut and and paste the standard appeal text. in response to Coupon-mad there is no "other" on the drop down list as reason for appealing. So I really don't know how to proceed as by choosing a reason am I incriminating myself as driver? 
    You choose one that doesn't...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 3 November 2020 at 9:43AM
    D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 November 2020 at 9:43AM
    The event did not tale place is often a choice.  Have yo complained you your MP?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • DavidQuadDavidQuad Forumite
    14 posts
    10 Posts
    Hi thanks for the replies. Here is the drop down list. seems to be a lot of "I's" in there. It seems intentionally designed to admit driving the car.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'There was no signage ...... ' (that's what the driver informed you!)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 10 November 2020 at 12:49PM
    Snakes_BellySnakes_Belly Forumite
    2.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 November 2020 at 12:49PM
    This template is designed to flush out the driver and avoid the £2.50 DVLA charge.

You could ignore their template and send a letter to them appealing against the charge as the keeper. The only point in this exercise is to show that you have engaged with them should the matter go to court.

They will reject the appeal.    

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • edited 10 November 2020 at 1:35PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    51.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 November 2020 at 1:35PM
    "My vehicle was not in the car park at the time the contravention occurred" (because there was no contravention).
    Not the owner is another possible option if true. For example, I am the registered keeper of a vehicle that I do not own.
    All you need is a choice that does not reveal the driver's identity. You can always explain later that none of the options applied.

If all else fails, send an appeal by post from the keeper, sent first class from a Post Office counter (covid regs permitting) and obtain a free proof of posting.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks