Final letter before legal action

I parked in a private hotel car park with a number plate recognition system. I had permission from the hotel to park there but there’s no record of my number plate being entered on that visit. I did appeal to the company as I was not parking illegally but my appeal was rejected. I have been ignoring their letters but now have a final letter before legal action. Will they take me to court? And how would I stand with the defence that I wasn’t parking illegally and stand by the fact that I did enter my car registration even though it’s not showing that I did?

Replies

• Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One click back you will find the NEWBIE sticky where your questions will be answered.  You need to read (more than once) the second post which is all about the court process.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened when you complained to the Hotel to send one email, to cancel it.

And when you INSISTED?

And when you then contacted the Hotel's national chain Head Office?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did the hotel say when you complained to them?
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you read the hotel reviews on Trivago, booking.com, hotels.com, TripAdvisor, etc.?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • angiemullangiemull Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    The receptionist at the hotel said that there was nothing they could do and it was between me and the parking company, I’m not sure she knew what she was talking about and was just fobbing me off. I just wondered how it would be viewed by the court if it got that far as I was entitled to park there.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You haven't escalated it then.    Not sure what you are waiting for...told you who to complain to, not the receptionist!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The receptionist at the hotel said that there was nothing they could do and it was between me and the parking company,
    Here we go again, which parking company? 🥱
    Will they take me to court? 
    How do you expect us to answer that when we don't even know who 'they' are?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really need to get a grip on this, these companies can ruin lives,
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.