IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Delay in receiving NTK from Excel

Hi
As someone else said, apologies as I know most posts request reading of the newbies area and request not to ask individual questions. I have read the newbies section and am still slightly confused.
So I have 5 Notice to Keeper tickets from Excel Services for not buying a ticket on Sunday's over a 4 month period June to September (there may be more in the post). Before reading this thread I went on to the MyParkingCharge website as instructed and appealed them saying I was the driver. Am I right in thinking that Excel will most likely refuse my appeal and my next step is to do nothing until I receive any further letters?
This car park used to be free and when you read the small print on the sign it is indeed now chargeable. There is still a far larger sign above it claiming it's open Mon-Sat so I've had no reason to check the smaller sign. However my main frustration is that the first offence was on June 14th and the NTK was not issued until October 14th. I may grudgingly pay one fine but not 5 of them when it's taken them 4 months to notify me? It's a lease car and the NTK came via my lease company if that makes any difference.

thanks

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Your really really big mistake was telling them who was driving.

You would've won these easily on POFA as the keeper of a leased car.

Such a shame.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,152
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    KeithP said:

Such a shame.
    It's Excel, so any win would have to be at Court.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,602
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have you gone and blabbed about who was driving, in all five cases?  Nooooooo!  Horrendous.  Come back when they sue you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,493
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    1. Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, sometimes it can lead to cancellation.,

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers. On 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, and hopefully this will become law shortly

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just to be clear , they have 6 months to issue a PCN , they all do

Admitted drivers cannot use POFA as a Defence so can only rely on no landowner authority , poor signage , the CRA etc
  • Ok. So I'm stuffed. Don't know how many times I parked there on a Sunday so I may end up with 10 tickets. I still think the signage is very poor as the larger sign still says Mon - Sat. So I guess I wait until they reject my appeal?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Castle said:
    KeithP said:

Such a shame.
    It's Excel, so any win would have to be at Court.
    Yes, I realise that.  :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,602
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You wait till they sue you and you go get photos of how awful the signs are, in readiness as evidence. 

You are NOT stuffed but for the love of God stop telling them who was driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,157
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ok. So I'm stuffed. Don't know how many times I parked there on a Sunday so I may end up with 10 tickets. I still think the signage is very poor as the larger sign still says Mon - Sat. So I guess I wait until they reject my appeal?
    Go there and get some pictures of the horribly misleading signage - obviously be careful where you park!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Signage is what forms the contract , poor signage equals poor or no contract

Nobody is stuffed !!

Your defence is based on

Misleading and poor signage
    POFA 2012 if they do not know who was driving (so edit your posts) , the law
    The CRA 2015 , the law
    No landowner authority
    Their IPC CoP

Etc

You only need one point to be in your favour , to win on a T K O

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business