ONE DAY LEFT to add your questions before the Forum 'Ask An Expert: Energy' event ends. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer some from Wed afternoon

GAP Insurance

I am due to receive a car under a lease agreement in a week or two and thought it wouls be sensible to take out GAP insurance to cover payments/potential shortfalls.

All of the providers I have found will only do GAP insurance on lease agreements where you are the registered keeper, if not then you are not eligible for the policy.

Does anybody know of GAP insurance providers that will supply a policy when the vehicle is registered to the lease company?



Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards