Forum Home» Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Unusual Ryanair cancellation/refund situation as flights were changed

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Unusual Ryanair cancellation/refund situation as flights were changed

1 reply 61 views
becchiebecchie Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi all,
I have an unusual situation with my Ryanair cancellation and I was hoping someone could help advise.
I booked flights with Ryanair on my credit card in October 2019 for the sum of £204 to travel in December 2019 but I couldn’t travel due to personal circumstances so I paid £174 to change my flights to April 2020 which were then subsequently cancelled due to COVID-19.
I went through the process of refusing their voucher and Ryanair sent me a cash refund of £174 in July but I don’t know if I’m entitled to a full refund (£378), or at least £204 that I originally paid for the flights.
Has anyone had a similar situation and had any success? Or know where I can find out more info on my rights?
TIA!

Replies

• Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    13.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usually the change fees are non-refundable but I would expect you to be refunded the cost of the flights that the airline cancelled which would have been the £204 + the fare difference paid (but not the change fees)
    what was the breakdown of the £174?