Quote for new fencing

Hi, I wonder if someone would let me know whether this seems a reasonable price for fencing? £925.00 for do 15m of closeboarding, new posts and arris rails? It justs seems really high to me but then I haven't had to have fencing done in years and years and can't really remember how much I paid then!

Many Thanks

Sarah

Comments

• Spork
    Spork Posts: 26 Forumite
    We had a closeboard fence put in a few months ago, only about 7-8m if that, for £400 - we'd turned down quotes of over £1k for it
  • depends if they are using concrete posts or wooden,how high is it?
  • We recently had the whole of our back garden done at a cost of £60/panel. That included treated panels and posts. The neigbours all went halves and most of them took up an option to have facing panels to hide the cross beams at a cost of an extra £15/panel.

We had a no. of quotes and this one was the best (though not the cheapest) overall.
  • roses
    roses Posts: 2,330
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I paid £550 for 7m of fence with concrete post & arris rail inc all materials.
  • i got 45 metres of closeboard fencing for a customer,for £750 that was all the timber 8 foot posts wooden.and the nails extra on top was the cement ballast
    thats in surrey area
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    sarah6916 wrote: »
    Hi, I wonder if someone would let me know whether this seems a reasonable price for fencing? £925.00 for do 15m of closeboarding, new posts and arris rails? It justs seems really high to me but then I haven't had to have fencing done in years and years and can't really remember how much I paid then!

Many Thanks

Sarah

Thats good.

I need my front done, just two simple 1 meter high lengths (no gates or anything). One side is about 3 meters & the other 2 meters, my quote is £450 for 5 meters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure