Forum Home» Random Acts of Kindness and All things Positive!

Refunds from Trailfinders and (amazingly) Expedia that they didn't have to provide

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Refunds from Trailfinders and (amazingly) Expedia that they didn't have to provide

Just before Covid happened, me and my partner were due to go on a once-in-a-lifetime round-the-world-trip with a significant part of our trip being Hawaii and a stay at some nice hotels in LA. At the last minute my partner was denied a travel visa to the USA for absolutely no reason (he is a UK resident but has a Romanian passport, Romanians need visa approval at the embassy). We simply couldn't go. Trailfinders refunded 90% of the part of the trip we booked with them (although they were under NO obligation to do so) and it took a lot of begging but I got a refund from Mondrian Hotel LA completely at their discretion and two other hotels booked via Expedia. I was very very lucky and highly recommend Trailfinders who could have literally kept £10K but refunded me instead.