UC and 2nd job do I need to update?

UC and started 2nd job do I need to update anything or will they be able to see my earnings automatically like they can see from my first job?

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes, report the changes even though they check RTI.
  • TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    it is your responsibility to inform UC of any change of circumstances.  Starting a second job certainly counts as that.  You must never assume any Government department will automatically know anything.
  • edited 30 September 2020 at 10:52PM
    NedSNedS Forumite
    3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 30 September 2020 at 10:52PM
    Of course everyone above is absolutely correct that you must report all changes in circumstance, but just to add...
    The UC system does not differentiate between one or more jobs so there will be no facility to specifically report a second job. Certainly report the change, and it will allow you to update your predicted hours/earnings on the system, so if you have more than one job you should simply combine them.
    Reporting a change on UC regarding work is more like a binary on/off switch whereby you either tell the system you are working or not working, so if you have already reported that you are working you should not need to report further jobs starting (or ending) as long as you still remain in work.
    EDITED to add, the exception to that is if you become self employed (maybe as well as employed) which is treated differently than being employed, so you MUST report a change if starting a different type of employment such as self employment. Hence it's easier to just say report all changes, but hopefully you have a better insight how the system actually works.
  • vtoeavtoea Forumite
    99 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    Forumite
    NedS said:
    Of course everyone above is absolutely correct that you must report all changes in circumstance, but just to add...
    The UC system does not differentiate between one or more jobs so there will be no facility to specifically report a second job. Certainly report the change, and it will allow you to update your predicted hours/earnings on the system, so if you have more than one job you should simply combine them.
    Reporting a change on UC regarding work is more like a binary on/off switch whereby you either tell the system you are working or not working, so if you have already reported that you are working you should not need to report further jobs starting (or ending) as long as you still remain in work.
    Thanks for your answer that clarifies everything.