Help with ccj form

Hi, I’ve recently been sent a ccj form for an old Littlewoods debt from about 12 years ago via Drydens Solicitors.  I actually thought I was paying this off via another debt collection agency, they have advised me I was but it changed over to them last year. I did receive one letter from them a few months ago which I forgot about, other than that, nothing.  Is there anything I can do or will I have to just complete the form and suck it up? Also do I have to say on the court form where I work?  Not keen on this as they may turn up at my work, probably unlikely for a £380 debt but I don’t really want to tell them.  Thanks in advance for any replies 

Replies

• edited 27 September 2020 at 2:23PM
    sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 September 2020 at 2:23PM
    Hi,
    Its likely the letter sent a few months ago, may have been the LBA (Letter before action) or perhaps not, as Drydens have a terrible reputation for not following civil procedure rules.
    Who may turn up at your work ? Drydens ?  you`ve got more chance of winning lotto than that happening, they all work in a central call centre, they don`t knock on doors.
    You must fill in what the court form tells you to fill in, and make sure its returned promptly as well.
    One tip, Littlewoods were/are very incompetant when it comes to retaining compliant paperwork, ask for evidence of the debt, you have more than a good chance of them not been able to supply it, which will mean their case collapses, check here, read thoroughly -

Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.
  • TinaO77TinaO77 Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply.  The court forms are dated last week and do look legit as they’ve got the Northampton stamp on.  I was worried that bailiffs might turn up at work, also I work in the financial industry so could lose my job if that happened, I know I’m probably jumping the gun!  I’ll ring them tomorrow and ask them for evidence of the debt, do the court papers get out on hold when they do that? Thank you so much for your help
    4 Posts
    First Post
    Put on hold I mean sorry
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    18.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    You have to follow the process now. Everything in writing - no phone calls

Stick to the timescales. 14+5 days from the issue date is the first one.

There will be no bailiffs if you handle this correctly. Even if you don't, that stage is several months away.

This link https://legalbeagles.info/forums/forum/legal-forums/court-claims-and-issues/received-a-court-claim
    explains how you

a) acknowledge service
    b) do a cpr request to the claimant's solicitor
    c) do a cca request to the claimant

you can also use them for advice
    4 Posts
    First Post
    Thank you for your reply, I’ll check that link out