IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC from CST Law instructed by DRP for residential multiple fines

Help!
Ive been reading through posts for days now. Ive read the newbie threads and will be sending SARs to MET as advised.
I have 34 parking tickets on the letter before action from CST law for £170 each - totalling £6660. Stupid me never appealed any and never kept any paperwork just buried my head in the sand .
I am a lessee of a flat in the residential block and ive checked my lease but doesnt really mention the car park just states 'shall not park any car, van or other vehicle within the curtilage of the building or area parked at the rear shown edged green on the map' (didnt park in either)
Have tried to call the cark parks managing agents (seperate to the managers of block) who manage on behalf of the land owners but no answer via phone.
The letter only has tickets from 2018, my previous car has been receiving tickets since 2015 so are lots more to be added, maybe a separate claim.
Signage on entrance to building state residents parking only - 
However after this there are signs dotted around with mets terms and conditions- authorised parking only.
Is there any way out of this mess? Is there any defence? Ive read through all the threads and cant find anyone in the same situation as myself.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,146
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    checked my lease but doesnt really mention the car park just states 'shall not park any car, van or other vehicle within the curtilage of the building or area parked at the rear shown edged green on the map' (didnt park in either)
    Was your vehicle parked in an allotted parking bay?  Where are you 'allowed' to park?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    There are experts on here regarding residential parking who will be along soon.

In the meantime, CST lie ...... DRP CANNOT INSTRUCT THEM as the so called debt belongs to MET.
    Only MET can instruct a legal and NOT a tin pot debt collector like DRP

CST are scamming you by adding £70 per ticket. They are scamming you for £2,380 which is unlawful and ABUSE OF PROCESS.  See this thread
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6103933/abuse-of-process-thread-part-2/p1?new=1

Forget DRP, who are a powerless set up.
    You now need to ask CST for a copy of the contractual agreement between DRP and yourself that enables such action.
    You need to ask CST for their legal authority to add £70 per ticket 

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,453
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

Have you read this?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2016/11/residential-parking.htmlantsot

What does your lease/AST say about parking? Does it mention the need to display a permit? then it may take primacy over the self serving TnC of the scammer, and interfere with your lawful right to “quiet enjoyment” of your property, possible an offence under The Landlord and Tenants Acts.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP., it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and in some cases, cancellation.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, and an independent appeals service will be set up,

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/of these Private Parking Companies.

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 27 August 2020 at 12:30PM
    Why are there so many cling on's feeding off the private parking industry?  I hope that when the new CoP comes into force that the ombudsman has judgmental powers and will look at each case on it's merits. Hopefully that will see off some of the bottom feeders as well as some PPC's.  After Covid the new CoP will hopefully be the nail in the coffin.  

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,146
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Why are there so many cling on's feeding off the private parking industry?  I hope that when the new CoP comes into force that the ombudsman has judgmental powers and will look at each case on it's merits. Hopefully that will see off some of the bottom feeders as well as some PPC's.  After Covid the new CoP will hopefully be the nail in the coffin.  
    It might be a nail in the coffin, but it's only a stake through the heart that will end the misery!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,348
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Please can all people with a CST Law letter just join the group CST Law thread, and not start new ones?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • No unfortunately my lease mentions nothing about  the carpark, Only that parking is not permitted within the curtilage - ive read it 4 times hoping that i missed it but no, not there - no mention of use of carpark. Definitely doesnt mention the display of a permit on the lease- the lease was last renewed in 1985 so well before all of these shenanigans commenced!
    Theres maybe 15 spaces in total, all empty, no residents have a permit and we usually park 15 mins down the road overnight but i get caught when i bring my car into the carpark for short periods if popping up. 
    I contacted the managing agents when i first moved in and told the permits were £3000 per annum and that they were not issuing any, despite the carpark being empty.

Ok great thanks i will write a complaint to my MP.
    -Contact MET for SARs- do i give all my registrations over the last 6 years? Or just keep quiet and just request for the car registration thats showing on the LBC? Dont want to open up a can of worms if not needed
    -I will contact CST and request the contractual agreement between myself and DRP and why they think they can add on an extra £70 per ticket (although i think this was DRP but ill ask CTS anyway)
    And ill join the CTS thread 

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I will contact CST and request the contractual agreement between myself and DRP and why they think they can add on an extra £70 per ticket (although i think this was DRP but ill ask CTS anyway)

As DRP simply cannot instruct CST, neither can they add amounts
  • -I will contact CST
    Whatever you do, DO NOT contact them by phone. Always everything in writing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback