Can my son claim benefits If he Leave his job?
My adult son and his baby have been living with me as a emergency situation for the last 6 weeks.
His now ex girlfriend viciously attacked him so he left with their child.
The council where I live are looking to rehouse him and the baby.
The mother has many mental problems and is only allowed day time visits with baby.
My son is seen as the protective parent by social services and the authorities.
Until now he has been furloughed at his job, but now they want him back in 2 weeks time.
There’s a few problems stopping him being able to go back to his job.
- He has a young baby to look after Pretty much full time.
- His job is in the next town and he does not drive.
- He works the late shift and would miss the last bus back.
- Taxi’s would probably be £50-£60 a day
- The ex has some dodgy friends that may target him before or after work.
Taking everything into consideration it looks like he will have to hand his notice in.
The big question is will he be able to claim benefits straightaway if he does?
And what benefit would he apply for?
Thank you for any help given 😊