Forum Home» Benefits & Tax Credits

Universal credits questions please help

New Post Advanced Search

Universal credits questions please help

3 replies 233 views
I've just moved to universal credits by choice and there's things I'm confused about if anyone could help please... 
At the moment I get £51 c/t weekly and £118 is fortnightly and cb weekly. What will I get on universal credit or wil it be the same? I used to claim carers but this stopped nearly 5 weeks ago and when I log onto my journel it states from our records it looks like this can affect your claim... I have added a message to state I informed carers about the end of caring and I have an email to state that they have received the change of circumstances notification.. What do i do please and roughly how long does a new claim take will I still be paid my regular benefits until my claim is completed?
Also I owe money for a budgeting loan would this come out of my universal credits?
I'm a council tenant will my housing benefit be paid still whilst my claims in progress and will the rent go straight to the council rather then to myself to pay the council? Thanks

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    10.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using a benefits calculator will help you know what you're entitled to. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=3218a13e-db8f-4d2c-8276-01f0be1ab2c8
    If you were claiming housing benefit then this will continue to be paid for 2 weeks and then transfer across to UC.
    Your tax credits will now stop and this will be paid in with your UC payments.
    UC is paid monthly in arrears. Your first payment is 5 weeks after you first claimed. 4 weeks after you claimed you'll recieve your statement on your journal and this will tell you what you'll be receiving, minus any deductions.
    You said you were receiving a budgeting loan, this will need to be paid back from future UC payments. They will contact you regarding that sometime in the near furture most likely.
    What date did you claim UC? and what benefit was you prevously claiming was it Income Support?

• tania12tania12 Forumite
    110 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Using a benefits calculator will help you know what you're entitled to. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=3218a13e-db8f-4d2c-8276-01f0be1ab2c8
    If you were claiming housing benefit then this will continue to be paid for 2 weeks and then transfer across to UC.
    Your tax credits will now stop and this will be paid in with your UC payments.
    UC is paid monthly in arrears. Your first payment is 5 weeks after you first claimed. 4 weeks after you claimed you'll recieve your statement on your journal and this will tell you what you'll be receiving, minus any deductions.
    You said you were receiving a budgeting loan, this will need to be paid back from future UC payments. They will contact you regarding that sometime in the near furture most likely.
    What date did you claim UC? and what benefit was you prevously claiming was it Income Support?

I literally only claimed today and yeah income support, so will my housing benefit be paid to me and then for me to pay it to the council?

Thanks x
  • Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Your last Housing Benefit payment will go to whomever receives it currently. The housing costs element of your UC will be included in the single UC payment you receive each month, for you to then pay your rent.