New Post Advanced Search

Inheritance of property

2 replies 341 views
johnny8971johnny8971 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi I am about to inherit 50% of a property I can’t do anything with the  50% as my mums will states her husband can stay there as long as he wants or until he passes , but I will own half the house outright I will not be inheriting any cash or shares or anything will this effect my tax credits I also get no income from my 50% it has to be run and maintained by her husband 
thanks in advance 

Replies

• calcotticalcotti Forumite
    8.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are no capital limits for Tax Credits. In any case your share arguably has no value at the moment. Your Tax Credits are not affected.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MojisolaMojisola Forumite
    33.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I am about to inherit 50% of a property I can’t do anything with the  50% as my mums will states her husband can stay there as long as he wants or until he passes , but I will own half the house outright I will not be inheriting any cash or shares or anything will this effect my tax credits I also get no income from my 50% it has to be run and maintained by her husband
    It won't be yours until he no longer lives there - because of that it won't have any effect on benefits.