New Post Advanced Search

Car hit by courier

3 replies 201 views
omarkomark Forumite
2 posts
Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
My car was hit by a courier who came on to our property looking for the next door one. On the way out he reversed into my car causing damage to the front wing. The courier company,DPD, refuse to accept responsibility saying it is The drivers word against mine. They accept that he was on my property on that date but refuse to give me his details or let me examine the vehicle saying I lack evidence and should have CCTV footage. The driver did not stop and denies the collision. Is there anything I can do?

Replies

• pinkshoespinkshoes Forumite
    17.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contact the police as the driver left an accident scene without stopping and leaving details? Give the van details to your insurer?

Does anyone else have CCTV on the street that could help with thinks like van details?

Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • davidmcndavidmcn Forumite
    18.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pinkshoes said:
    Contact the police as the driver left an accident scene without stopping and leaving details?
    Think that only applies if it's on a road - sounds here like it was on the driveway.
  • fred369fred369 Forumite
    57 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    davidmcn said:
    pinkshoes said:
    Contact the police as the driver left an accident scene without stopping and leaving details?
    Think that only applies if it's on a road - sounds here like it was on the driveway.
    Road or other public place. It's possible he was on the road when the accident took place.

However getting the police to act is another matter and the driver is unlikely to admit it.