Forum Home» Consumer Rights

Kidspass Auto renewal membership

New Post Advanced Search

Kidspass Auto renewal membership

5 replies 112 views
gillyrwgillyrw Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi Everyone, has anyone had issues with monies taken out of your bank account on auto renewal without warning or consent given from Kidspass?  I have just had £39.99 taken from my bank account from Kidspass without a warning email or indeed my consent and when I challenged this with them they refused to co-operate.  I tried to cancel my membership manually but there was no provision on the website to do this except for emailing them direct, which I have done so.  I have contacted my bank and raised a dispute claim with them. The bank have barred them from taking anymore money from my account which is helpful.

Replies

• Paul_HerringPaul_Herring Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    This (very much deserted) board is for works pension auto-enrolment, only.
    May want to try reposting to https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/consumer-rights - or they may redirect you further.

Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • MallyGirlMallyGirl Forumite, Board Guide
    5K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Intrepid Forum Explorer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll move the thread
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-free Wannabe, Loans & Credit Cards boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]
    Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    13.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gillyrw said:
    I have just had £39.99 taken from my bank account from Kidspass without a warning email or indeed my consent 
    you may well have consented when you entered into the contract
    you can check the terms and conditions here https://www.kidspass.co.uk/terms
    "please note that a Kids Pass membership is an ongoing subscription service and will automatically renew at the end of your initial membership term at the stated fee at the time of registration."

• mattyprice4004mattyprice4004 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also does warn of this when signing up - if you skipped through this without reading it properly, that doesn't mean you're entitled to a refund. 
  • unholyangelunholyangel Forumite
    15.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also does warn of this when signing up - if you skipped through this without reading it properly, that doesn't mean you're entitled to a refund. 
    Doesn't it though? 

OP is complaining about the renewal of an annual membership - so what the website says today may not be what it said when OP signed up. A quick look at the internet archive shows in March 2019 they said it was a subscription, but on the pages available, there is no mention of the cost per billing period (which is information they are required to give, by law, before the customer is bound by the contract). 

They also state that the price of the annual membership will be advertised on the website and is subject to change - they can't enact price changes that way. They'd need to positively communicate changes to the customer and give them the opportunity to cancel before being affected by it. 

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride